Нет товаров в заявке
Here’s a superb scratch dish, and an introduction into the fine art of curry making. Juicy chunks of chicken fried with your own masala then simmered to perfection and finished with double cream and coriander. Served with our own naan.
Most Mughlai and Punjabi restaurants will serve you a plate of this goodness as do dhabas and street vendors. I could devour into an entire dish all by myself. Soft roomali rotis, naan or flaky parathas scooping up the thick spiced gravy of butter chicken along with succulent morsels of tandoori chicken with charred edges brings sheer delight with every mouthful. The heat/ spice of the dish combines with the rich gravy and slight sweetness that make it very hard to resist.
With most dishes that have fond memories it’s the taste that lingers on even years later. Cooking Butter Chicken at home has always for me been about getting the flavours just right and like I knew they should taste. This recipe is one that I can say is an absolute hit every single time with family and friends. There’s no calorie counting here I can tell you that now! There’s a copious quantity of butter (after all it is butter chicken!), cream and honey. But I assure you it’s worth every spoonful.
Research to understand the Chicken Makhani
The chicken is marinated & grilled before adding it to the makhani sauce. Tandoori chicken pieces added to the sauce enhance the flavour of the overall dish. Follow my recipe for Tandoori Chicken and can even be done a few hours in advance. Once the chicken is cooked set aside and proceed to make the makhani sauce below. Fenugreek leaf powder is available at Asian stores or you can even grind dried fenugreek leaves.
Butter chicken or murgh makhani or Chicken makhani is a dish, originating from the Indian subcontinent in which the chicken is spiced up with tomato sauce. Butter chicken is one of the most delicious, popular and lip-smacking dishes that’s been loved by many across the world. Served with kulcha or naan is a delight which most Indians love during their weekend restaurant visits.
Fully recipes directions
It is one of the most loved chicken dishes in India. A quick 40-minute butter chicken recipe which is creamy and fully packed with flavors. Usually, it is served with a naan roti or long grain basmati rice. This recipe will itself produce an adequate amount of sauce but if you want more sauce then add some more tomato sauce or cream. Though it will enhance the flavor but adding it in more amount can even make it worse. So be careful!
PREP: 10 MINS
COOK: 3 HRS - 4 HRS
SERVES 2 OR 4 WITH
OTHER MEALS FOOD
- 750g chicken breast
- 50g butter
- 1 tin chopped tomatoes
- 1 onion
- 2 garlic clove
- 2 tsp chilli powder
- 2 tsp ginger, ground
- 3 tsp turmeric, ground
- 3 tsp coriander, ground
- 1 lemon
- 300g basmati rice
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees. In a skillet melt a few tablespoons of butter over medium heat. Stir in garlic and onion and cook slowly about 15 minutes until the onion caramelizes to a dark brown.
- In a saucepan, over medium-high melt the remaining butter heat along with the heavy cream, tomato sauce, cayenne pepper, salt, and garam masala. Reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring occasionally. Then stir in caramelized onions.
- In the meantime toss the cubed chicken breast with vegetable oil until coated, and season with tandoori masala.
- On a preheated oven bake chicken for 12 minutes until no longer pink in the center. Now, add the chicken to the sauce and simmer for 5 more minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro and serve with naan or rice.
Per Serving: 367 calories; 26.2g fat; 5.7g carbohydrates; 20.3g protein; 81mg cholesterol; 64mg sodium.